Dish 4 - Clara - Fluffy Flapjack Cake with Creamy Vanilla Buttercream
When anyone asks me what my secret ingredient is in my baked goods I always answer with VANILLA!! I have always added a little extra to all of my recipes, it just adds that little something! The Labello Vanilla Buttercream lip care has a soft delicious vanilla smell with just a hint of sweetness and a beautiful creamy texture. I wanted to capture that by combining two of my favourite things… breakfast and cake! This Fluffy Flapjack Cake with Creamy Vanilla Buttercream is the ultimate combination of breakfast and dessert. The layers of soft fluffy flapjack filled in with a creamy vanilla buttercream is everything you could ever want from a stack! Not to mention that delicious vanilla scent… which is just like the smell of Labello on your lips all day! :)
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Flour
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- 500g Butter (softened)
- 2 Cups Icing Sugar
- 2 tsp Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Pink Food Colouring (optional)
- Roses & Rose Petals (for decoration)
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla essence and oil together until completely mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Heat a pan over low-medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the pan and cook on low heat for 2-3min, the flip to cook on the other side.
- Allow flapjacks to cool before frosting.
- Beat the butter with electric mixer until light in colour.
- Add the icing sugar a little at a time and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk, food colouring and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Place a flapjack on a cake stand and top with buttercream, spreading it out using a spatula. Continue to layer the flapjacks and buttercream.
- Top the flapjack cake with extra buttercream, fresh roses and rose petals
If you love this dish then comment below to vote for Clara and YOU could WIN R2500.(Competition details here)
#rubybox #LabelloZA #VanillaButtercream
To see more from Clara click the links below: