Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before using this site.
- this site;
- all websites, co-branded microsites, services, or applications owned or provided by ERICAN 717-27 Pty (Ltd) trading as Manbox (“MANBOX”), and all services offered on or through www.manbox.co.za, and other services accessible via www.rubybox.co.za; or via other websites owned, operated or provided by MANBOX;
- all mobile phone applications and other media owned, operated or provided by MANBOX;
- all software offerings and applications owned or provided by MANBOX and/or available on or through www.rubybox.co.za or other websites, mobile phone applications and other media owned, operated or provided by MANBOX; and
- all webpages, data, text, images, photographs, graphics, audio, video, and documents including, without limitation, offers and coupons, marketing materials, press releases, white papers, product data sheets, and other information and content on or through or submitted on or through www.rubybox.co.za or other websites, mobile phone applications and other media owned, operated or provided by MANBOX.
Use of the Sites
The Sites are owned, operated or provided by MANBOX and are designed to provide a place for Users to access and share homemaker knowledge and experience through forums, articles, videos and product reviews. The information and material on the Sites is provided “as is” for general informational purposes only. Users access the Sites, and rely on the information and material contained in the Sites, at their own risk.
Some parts of the Sites may allow Users to submit, upload, post or transmit content or material such as text, photos, images, audio and video (including links to content or material) (“Material”) that may be accessed and viewed by others via the Sites. Users are responsible for any Material they submit to the Sites and must respect the legal rights and sensibilities of other Users. MANBOX reserves the right to (but has no obligation to) review, remove, edit, modify, deny access to or not display any Material submitted, uploaded, posted or transmitted to or on the Sites in its sole discretion. By submitting, uploading, posting or transmitting Material to or on the Sites,
grant MANBOX a non-exclusive, sub-licensable, fully paid, royalty free, perpetual, transferable, worldwide licence to (and to authorise others to) use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and display such Material (modified or unmodified) for the purposes of operating the Sites and providing any associated services to Users and any promotional purposes of MANBOX and its clients (for example, MANBOX may reproduce testimonials in promotional materials for its own use or that of its clients (which may or may not include the relevant user name)). consent to MANBOX using and publishing (and authorising others to use and publish) their name, character, likeness, image, voice or anything else that identifies them which is contained in the Material for the above purposes. grant other Users a royalty free, fully paid, perpetual, worldwide licence to use, copy and reproduce such Material for their own private, non-commercial use.
represent and warrant that they are legally entitled to submit, upload, post or transmit the Material to or on the Sites and have obtained all necessary licences, consents and approvals in relation to the Material (including intellectual property licences and in relation to the use of any name, character, likeness, image, voice or anything else that identifies any person that is included in the Material) to enable them to submit, upload, post or transmit the Material on the Sites and to permit MANBOX and Users to deal with the Material in accordance with the licences granted above without infringement or violation of any third party rights.
represent and warrant that they provide MANBOX with accurate, truthful and complete registration information and consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe their moral rights in the Material and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world.
No liability for misuse by third parties
MANBOX does not warrant that Material submitted, uploaded, posted or transmitted by Users will be protected against misuse by third parties. In particular, MANBOX is not responsible for the infringement of the copyright in Material by other Users.
Conduct of Users
Users must not submit, upload, post or transmit Material on the Sites:
- that contains advertising, spam or is otherwise submitted, upload, posted or transmitted for commercial purposes (except where expressly permitted by MANBOX)
- about a product or service that they own or are otherwise associated with (including if they are an employee or agent of the supplier)
- that is offensive, unlawful, harmful, indecent, defamatory, false or misleading, untruthful or inaccurate, discriminatory, unsuitable for minors or of an abusive, obscene, offensive or menacing nature
- that contains nudity, sexual activity, swear words or excessive violence or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by MANBOX in its sole discretion
- that is reasonably likely to offend another User
- that violates or infringes (or the use of which violates or infringes) the intellectual property (including without limitation any patent, trademark, trade secret or copyright) or other rights of any person or entity
- that contains personal information of any person (such as name, address, email address, phone number), or any third parties’ likenesses except with the relevant person’s permission
- that contains software viruses or other computer codes, files, worms or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, disable, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorised access to any system data, password or other information of Manbox or any third party
- that imposes or may impose (as determined by MANBOX in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on MANBOX’s (or its third party providers’) infrastructure or that contains financial, legal, medical or other professional advice.
Users must not use the Sites to:
conduct any illegal activity; cause annoyance or inconvenience to any person including other Users; or harvest information about Users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending of, unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
Material posted by other Users
MANBOX is not responsible for, and accepts no liability with respect to, any Material submitted, uploaded, posted or transmitted on the Sites. The views and opinions expressed in Material posted by Users on the Sites are the views and opinions of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of MANBOX or its clients. MANBOX does not endorse or support any views or opinions posted by Users on the Sites or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, currency or suitability of any information posted by Users.
If you sign up to become a MANBOX member, from time to time, MANBOX may send to you samples of products (Samples) for you to test. You agree and acknowledge to the fullest extent permitted by law that: MANBOX is under no obligation to send you any Samples at any time MANBOX has no liability to you in respect of the Samples and you will not make a claim against MANBOX for any Samples not received or received in a damaged condition. you will not sell, or attempt to sell, any of these samples to any third party. MANBOX advises you not to accept the delivery of, or use, any Samples that appear damaged or tampered with in any way. In such circumstances, please contact the local MANBOX team. In the event that Samples are returned to us undelivered for any reason, including human error, or are otherwise not delivered to you MANBOX will be under no obligation to redeliver the Samples.
MANBOX may run competitions from time to time on the website. All competitions will be subject to the terms and conditions specific to the competition, which are available to view on the website. To enter the competitions you must accept the terms and conditions of the specific competition.
Disclaimer of warranties and representations
Except as required by law, MANBOX gives no express or implied warranties or guarantees, and makes no representations, in relation to the Sites. In particular, while care has been taken in creating the Sites, MANBOX does not warrant or represent that: the information or any material provided on the Sites is accurate, complete, up to date or suitable for any purpose this Sites are free from any computer viruses or other defects or User’s access to the Sites will be continuous or uninterrupted.
Limitation of MANBOX’s Liability
Where conditions, warranties or consumer guarantees implied or applied by law cannot be excluded, MANBOX limits its liability, where it is entitled to do so, to the resupply of the relevant service, or paying the User the cost of that resupply. Otherwise, to the maximum extent permitted by law, MANBOX and its officers, employees, agents and representatives will not be liable for any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) to any person or entity, however caused (whether by negligence or otherwise), which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of any error, omission or misrepresentation in any information or material provided on the Sites or otherwise as a result of or in connection with the use of the Sites or any information or material provided on the Sites.
Links to third party websites
Availability and Use
Users must ensure that their access to, and use of, the Sites, is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to them or in their location. MANBOX reserves the right to change or remove any feature of the Sites at any time.
Age of Users
Users must be 18 years or over or otherwise use the Sites with parental or guardian consent and supervision.
Copyright in the material in this website is owned by MANBOX or its licensors. Users may download information from the Sites and print out that information, but only for their own private, non-commercial use. Otherwise, except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1978, no part of the Sites (including any Material posted on this website) may be reproduced, copied, published, framed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written consent of MANBOX. Requests for consent should be directed to MANBOX at [email protected]
We (or our associated or affiliated companies or third parties who have licensed its brands to MANBOX or contributed to the Sites) (“Content Owner”) own, license or have permission to use from third parties all content of the Sites. All content of the Sites remains the sole property of the applicable Content Owner and is protected under all relevant copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. Nothing on the Sites should be construed as granting any license or rights to use or distribute any content of the Sites outside of the Sites, without our express written agreement or of the other applicable Content Owner.